Year 11 VET Students Complete Work Placement

Many of year 11 VET students completed Work Placement at the beginning of Term 3. The TAS faculty want to publicly thank year 11 for being such good ambassadors for our school. Many host employers gave positive feedback on how polite and interested our students are.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Year 11 VET Students Complete Work Placement

1. Paige says:

Had a great time at Gloria Jeans. Got to use the coffee machine, and cleaned tables!!!

2. Jelena says:

Hospitality has been an incredible experience, different from all of the other subjects, a refreshing change. One of the highlights this year has been the Work Placement. It’s interesting to see how an establishment works in real life and how much you can apply from studies to an actual situations. It’s thrilling to see interactions of the workplace in real life.
    The hospitality industry is an upbeat, fun and positively challenging, encouraging people to think outside the box and adapting to different environments and is taught by equally encouraging teachers.

3. Georgia says:

I love hospitality, it’s so different from all my other subjects, I’m always looking forward to it!
    Work placement was an experience worth having – I learned that I can fold 100 napkins in half an hour! 😉
    Work placement has given me insight towards the hospitality industry, and even though I don’t plan on being in the hospitality industry when I leave school, I love knowing that I have that little bit of experience and it’s even shown to be advantageous in my part-time job and just cooking at home. 🙂

4. Chantelle says:

Yr 11 hospitality has been really fun with the practical lessons to workplacement and the theory work has all been good fun. For my workplacement I chose Liana’s Cafe which was really fun and it showed me what real life work was like. I have really enjoyed Hospitality this year. 🙂

5. Melissa says:

Hey guys,
    Well you will all get to experience work placement wether you like it or not. Most people go into it with a negative attuiude and they dont want to be there. Well look on the bright side you get to see what goes on in you work place and get to see all the time and effort the owners put in to there buiness think of it as behide the sences of a movie. You will learn new things and maybe if your lucky get free drinks and food:) take work placement as a good and positive oppitunity as you may get a job out of it and you will have a better outlook what you do and what you dont want to do in life.