On Thursday 3rd November, William Carey held its annual High School Advanced Learning Open Night.
The night provided numerous demonstrations of the broad skills and interests of our high school students. Nine students on the night presented to an audience on projects they have spent the entire year working on. The projects covered a range of topics and skills:
- Research on human anatomy and microbiology
- Learning Japanese and dubbing a piece of anime
- Creating a hypothetical business
- Composing an anime piano piece
- Alison Online Course: Diploma in Legal Studies and Psychology
- Preliminary Theological Certificate (Moore College)
Information was also presented about the many current extra and co-curricular opportunities that were available to all high school students throughout the year.
Awards were given to the students who participated in the:
- Mathematics Challenge for Young Australians
- Gateway 8 Gala Day
- Tournament of the Minds
Parents and students were also provided with a glimpse of some of the new and exciting opportunities for 2017.
Well done to all students who presented on the night. You did a terrific job!
Some of our Year 6 students who received an award for participation in the Maths Challenge
Some of our Year 7 students who presented an ALPs
One of our Year 7 students who presented an ALPs