…to the High School Advanced Learning Open Night
What is it?
An evening to showcase to parents and students the exciting opportunities that have been occurring this year for advanced learners at William Carey and also what is in store for 2013.
Who is it for?
- Anyone who interested in learning about the opportunities available.
- Parents of advanced learners in the high school.
- Parents of students in Years 5 & 6.
What will you see?
During the past two terms we have been piloting a new program for advanced learners allowing students to design their own projects and investigations. As part of their assessment students are required to showcase their projects. We would like for you to join us to celebrate their achievements and gain a taste for what projects may be available in 2013.
Some of these individual projects include:
- Learning a new language (Spanish)
- Writing software for mobile phone applications (iOS)
- Completing an external course through Moore Theological College
- Writing a novel
- Investigating the anti-biotic properties of natural products and many more.
We are also planning several new opportunities for students interested in seeking more challenging activities and are eager to share these exciting changes with you.
The open night will occur on Wednesday 31st of October. Presentations begin from 6:30 and run until 8:00 pm in the main school hall. The invitation is open to anyone who is interested in learning about the advanced learning opportunities available next year for high school students. Tea and coffee will be served from 6:20 so feel free to drop in early for an informal chat.
If you have any queries, please contact either Mr R Jackson or Miss C Smith.